By Greg W. Zacharias
- Provides a necessary, up to date connection with the paintings and scholarship of Henry James
- Features the writing of a variety of James scholars
- Places James’s writings inside nationwide contexts—American, English, French, and Italian
- Offers either an outline of up to date James scholarship and a leading edge source for learning vital person topics
Read or Download A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Laurence Coupe bargains scholars a accomplished assessment of the advance of delusion, exhibiting how mythic topics, constructions and logos persist in literature and leisure this present day. This introductory volume:illustrates the relation among delusion, tradition and literature with discussions of poetry, fiction, movie and well known songexplores makes use of made from the time period ‘myth’ in the fields of literary feedback, anthropology, cultural stories, feminism, Marxism and psychoanalysisdiscusses the organization among modernism, postmodernism, delusion and historyfamiliarizes the reader with subject matters resembling the death god, the search for the Grail, the relation among ‘chaos’ and ‘cosmos’, and the imaginative and prescient of the tip of timedemonstrates the growing to be significance of the golf green measurement of delusion.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Anglistik - Literatur, observe: 1,7, Universität zu Köln (Englisches Seminar), Veranstaltung: Gordon Bölling - Utopia/Dystopia, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: From all utopian/dystopian novels ever released, George Orwell’s “Nineteen Eighty-Four”, besides Huxley’s “Brave New World”, absolutely has the top impact on sleek tradition.
"Dorothy Parker holds a spot in historical past as certainly one of New York’s so much cherished writers. Now, for the 1st time in approximately a century, the general public is invited to take pleasure in Mrs. Parker’s sharp wit and biting statement at the Jazz Age hits and flops during this first-ever released number of her groundbreaking Broadway studies.
The comics inside trap in intimate, frequently awkward, yet continuously relatable element the tribulations and triumphs of existence. particularly, the lives of 18 Jewish girls artists who naked all of their paintings, which seemed within the across the world acclaimed exhibition “Graphic info: Confessional Comics by means of Jewish ladies.
- A Reading of The Tale of Genji
- Southern Writers: A New Biographical Dictionary (Southern Literary Studies)
- Understanding Colum McCann (Understanding Contemporary American Literature)
- Suddenly They Heard Footsteps: Storytelling for the Twenty-First Century
- The Emperor Redressed: Critiquing Critical Theory
Additional resources for A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Greg W. Zacharias