By Henry Dunant
Read or Download A Memory of Solferino PDF
Best war & peace books
In 60 years the nuclear tipped South Asian enduring competitors, India and Pakistan have fought 4 wars and have been just about a 5th one in 2001. Indo-Pak dyad has been the focus of numerous reviews and whereas discord and clash are the focal point of such a lot reviews there were sessions of cooperation that experience now not been given adequate recognition.
Combating violent conflicts and constructing finished lasting peace in many of the world’s such a lot turbulent areas has develop into the hot worldwide important. yet to be powerful, peacebuilding has to be a multilateral, now not a unilateral approach. Even for the world’s sole surviving superpower, selling and maintaining sturdy peace calls for communique, co-ordination, co-operation, and collaboration among neighborhood, nationwide and foreign actors, nongovernmental in addition to governmental.
This significant research examines the successes and screw ups of the whole transitional justice programme in Sierra Leone. It units out the consequences of the Sierra Leonean adventure for different post-conflict events and for the wider undertaking of comparing transitional justice.
Will tomorrow's wars be ruled through self sustaining drones, land robots and warriors stressed out right into a cybernetic community that can learn their options? Will conflict be fought with higher or lesser humanity? Will it's performed out in our on-line world and extra afield in Low Earth Orbit? Or will it's fought extra intensely nonetheless within the sprawling towns of the constructing global, the bleak black holes of social exclusion on our more and more unequal planet?
- The Endless Quest for Israeli-Palestinian Peace: A Reflection from No Man's Land
- War No More: The Case for Abolition
- The Political Economy of EU Ties with Iraq and Iran: An Assessment of the Trade-Peace Relationship (The Political Economy of the Middle East)
- Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration in Southern Africa: Swords into Ploughshares? (Rethinking Political Violence)
- Sunningdale, the Ulster Workers' Council Strike and the Struggle for Democracy in Northern Ireland
- Rethinking the Security-Development Nexus: Organised Crime in Post-Conflict States (Routledge Studies in Conflict, Security and Development)
Additional info for A Memory of Solferino
A Memory of Solferino by Henry Dunant