By Kristina Hash PhD MSW,Elaine Jurkowski MSW PhD,John Krout PhD
Research files that rural elders are poorer, reside in much less sufficient housing, and feature a ways fewer health and wellbeing and repair techniques to be had to them than their city opposite numbers, but there's a serious loss of present and distinct info at the difficulties dealing with rural elders and at the expert practices that serve this inhabitants. this article fills this hole through introducing readers to rural components and their citizens and discussing the problems, courses, and regulations designed to satisfy their wishes. via a multidisciplinary lens, it examines and defines particular expertise required for winning paintings with older adults and their households in those communities.
The textual content offers a research-driven, competency-based technique for the healthiness and human provider execs who paintings with older rural citizens. It discusses either the issues dealing with older adults and their households and evidence-based ideas relating to coverage and most sensible practices. Key concerns tested comprise well-being and health, transportation, housing, long term care, source of revenue, employment, and retirement, in addition to the desires of targeted populations (ethnic minorities, immigrants, and the LGBT population). Case examples strengthen an interdisciplinary version that addresses perform with rural elders that encompasses specialist advantage, values and ethics, and the jobs of a spectrum of healthiness and human carrier execs. The textual content additionally examines present rules affecting healthiness and social companies to rural elders and proposals for coverage switch to construct an efficient overall healthiness and human carrier staff in rural groups. hyperlinks to Podcast interviews with students and revered pros operating within the box and "Spotlight" excerpts from the textual content strengthen details. moreover, the textual content offers dialogue questions, PowerPoint slides, a attempt query financial institution, and urged actions and routines.
- Fills a vacuum concerning details on future health and social prone for rural elders
- Provides present and accomplished wisdom approximately concerns besetting this inhabitants and courses and rules designed to satisfy their wishes
- Examines and defines particular expertise required for potent overall healthiness and social providers
- Based on a research-driven, competency-based, interdisciplinary method of coverage and most sensible perform
- Includes hyperlinks to Podcast interviews with students and revered pros within the box
Read or Download Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice PDF
Similar gerontology books
This hugely useful quantity offers precious insights for all execs who offer actions for the impaired aged. it is going to function a precious source for either those that paintings at once with the elderly in institutional settings, to boot when you teach actions counselors. healing actions With the Impaired aged addresses a few pertinent matters and gives invaluable details on designing and enforcing activity and socialization courses, reminiscence development sessions, signal language actions, and relaxation schooling and counseling.
Psychische Störungen sind in allen Altersgruppen weit verbreitet. In diesem Buch werden die Besonderheiten der Klinischen Psychologie des Alters erläutert, im historischen Kontext Deutschlands reflektiert und die wichtigsten psychischen Störungen vorgestellt. Psychodynamische und kognitiv-behaviorale Behandlungsansätze, deren Effektivität auch bei älteren Menschen wissenschaftlich belegt ist, werden beschrieben sowie Aspekte der Versorgung erörtert.
This complete graduate textbook makes a speciality of the total spectrum of long term care settings starting from relatives and group established care via supportive housing concepts to numerous institutional long term care possible choices. Integrating thought and perform, the e-book positive factors the views of numerous fields concerning present long term care thoughts and new instructions for the longer term.
Que signifie bien vieillir en Afrique pour les personnes âgées vulnérables ? Quelle est notre responsabilité pour ces personnes fragiles quand l. a. globalisation de l'économie mondiale, les flux migratoires vers les métropoles occidentales, le contrôle des matières premières par des puissances industrielles et l. a. fermeture des frontières des nantis aux plus démunis tendent à mettre de côté l. a. query de l. a. vieillesse ?
- Ageing, Ritual and Social Change: Comparing the Secular and Religious in Eastern and Western Europe (Ashgate AHRC/ESRC Religion and Society Series)
- Aging Across the United States: Matching Needs to States’ Differing Opportunities and Services
- Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 35, 2015: Subjective Aging: New Developments and Future Directions
- Spirituality of Later Life: On Humor and Despair
- Lebensläufe im Wandel: Entwicklung über die Lebensspanne aus Sicht verschiedener Disziplinen (German Edition)
- Longevity and the Good Life
Extra info for Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice
Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice by Kristina Hash PhD MSW,Elaine Jurkowski MSW PhD,John Krout PhD